Skip to main content

productivity

One of the things I enjoyed (most of the time) about working was that it forced me to wisely use what little spare time I had. This week I've been assisting with proctoring achievement tests for the homeschoolers in our church, and it has reminded me somewhat of my working days. The last three days I've examined my calendar each morning to see what errands I could fit into my spare time instead of floating from task to task. (Yes, I can picture my fellow "mother friends" tilting their heads in puzzlement as such a crazy concept. One of the few blessings of being childless...my time is mostly my own.)

So here's a run-down of this crazy week:

Monday night: swept, scrubbed and revarnished the exposed wood in front of the computer desk (which is why I haven't been on-line this week).
Tuesday: Testing in the am, garden shopping at Lowes, second coat of varnish on the floors, planting plants all afternoon, out with hubby and Mom-in-law, laundry
Wednesday: Testing in the am, laundry, Kohl's, Staples, post office, dry cleaners, grocery store, church
Scheduled events for the rest of this week:
Thursday: Testing in the am, gym, laundry, more yard work, clean house, sewing
Friday: Gym, deliver plants to a friend, sew, cook for company

And while I've gotten a lot accomplished, I've also slept quite soundly every night! The downside is my brain has been more active at night. I've had some very unusual dreams, from Lydia asking if Connor can take Kimberly's achievement test one day because Kimberly has a birthday party to attend to a group of people arguing over whether or not Linus has heartworm. And speaking of pets: we have one egg hatching in the duck house and now have seven eggs in the incubator.

And life moves on.

Comments

Lydia said…
LOL!!!! Yes, Connor would love to take Kimberly's test!!!! Thank you SOOOOO VERY much for organizing and overseeing all the testing. I VERY much appreciate it. I'm wondering what my schedule would look like if I actually wrote it all down.....especially when I spend over an hour just holding Mira down....an hour when I could be folding laundry....AUUUUUGHHHH! Bet me schedule would make me look lazy. I admire you- you are a busy, hard worker! If I had no children, I would be eating chocolates and reading books ALL THE TIME. Honest:)

Word verification: SWAREDUC: A cursing bird
Jack said…
I'd like your schedule for a week....sounds like fun, especially going to the gym. I really miss that. I should write my schedule down....maybe I'd be more proud of myself and it would truly show what I do!
sara said…
You have had a very productive week! Thanks for organizing the testing! It went very well!
Jennifer said…
jack's comment was mine...sorry

Popular posts from this blog

things we do for love

Saturday we had a baby shower for Bobby's niece. As I was making the mints, Bobby asked what else was on the menu. After I recited off the litany of items, he responded with "No peanut butter?! This shower is for Hannah! What's she going to eat?" (Hannah has had stomach problems over the years and has been unable to tolerate many foods, but peanut butter has been her staple.) Despite my assurances that she would enjoy the foods we were having, he was adamant that I needed to make peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for the shower. Even though I protested that NOBODY took that to a shower, he persisted, and informed me I could make them dainty with my little cutter. And so I did. To my surprise all but 3 were eaten. Who'd a thunk it?

get your house in order

My grandmothers were very clean people. My mother thoroughly enjoys cleaning, though she doesn't quite hit the same level my grandmothers were on. I don't enjoy cleaning, but I do like things to be clean. I've almost given up on neatness. One thing that they all instilled in me is the crazy concept that your house must be in order before you go somewhere big - like a vacation or something. After all, you could die in a car crash or have to go to the hospital, and then people would go into your house and find it in a terrible mess. Who wants to be remembered by that? So up until this past year, I would sometimes be up almost all night not only trying to get things packed up, but also trying to totally clean house as well. Or should I say, make the house presentable? The Chinese had a horrible superstition that my mother and grandparents would have enjoyed. Spring Festival (the Chinese New Year based on the lunar calendar) required EVERYTHING to be cleaned top to

Wait...it's almost March?!?

 10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lots of thinking and brainstorming and rearranging, appointments upon appointments, sinus infection/allergies, Bobby's surgery, meeting with surgeon and finally agreeing to future outpatient surgery for me, ongoing updates from my parents, garden tilled and snow peas, potatoes and beets planted (and yes I left several rows empty between the potatoes and beets for something else to go later as a buffer), chickens are laying, we may have a broody hen..in FEBRUARY!!!, we have two roosters that need to disappear, lots of family have been in from out of town to assist with the sorting and cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, and somewhere in the midst of it all I've found time to pay bills and catch up on a few emails. While I no longer feel like our house is a disaster zone, it is still overwhelming. Years ago a friend posted a quote by Martin Lut