For the second time in 10 years, the pond has 98% frozen across the surface. (The geese keep one small section water by leaving two swimming at all times.) It was interesting to see that one end is frozen solid at the edges, while the side near the dam is water at the edge and 1/4" thick about a foot's width out. I love the patterns and being able to see clearly what is beneath and the brighter reflection of the moon on the ice. While my favorite season is spring, the starkness of winter is one of the many things I enjoy about this season (2nd to Christmas, of course!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wait...it's almost March?!?
10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lo...
-
10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lo...
-
While in Virginia last week, we visited the Shenandoah Caverns . It's one of three caverns in the area, but this one clearly specifies o...
-
The other day at work we were discussing the homeless men who frequent 1010/401. One of the three will periodically change his sign to list...
2 comments:
Awesome pictures! The kids are enjoying looking at them!!!
Cowboy casserole- DELISH!!!! I'll give you the recipe- it's spaghetti broken up with chicken and mushroom soup and other stuff and baked in a casserole dish. I call it that because the lady who invented it makes it for her cowboy husband:)
beautiful, beautiful pictures, Monica. I especially like the last one with the dogs!!
Post a Comment