It's so hard to believe that today marks the end of the first week of 2016! So here's my first list of thankfulness for the week:
1. Rain - I know we've had a lot, but with all the droughts of last year, it truly is a blessing (unless you're one of those who lost your house due to flooding.) One of the leaders in CA was saying they were able to store up enough water from rain run-off this week to provide for 40,000 people. That's not a lot for such large cities, but it's truly amazing when you stop and think about it.
2. Heat - We've joked some this year as I've upped the temp in our house a degree or two (our thermostat is now on 70). And yet, there are days I've still been cold. Bobby is normally the cold one in our house, and he claims it's been too hot for him a few days. I'm thinking maybe I need to invest in some sweatshirts. Either way, I am very grateful for the heat we do have, and that it's more than adequate.
3. A Dryer - we had to replace our dryer right before Christmas. I am AMAZED at how much easier it is to do laundry now. I guess I ran the dryer 2-3 times to get some loads dried for so long that having everything ready to be folded or hung after one cycle is mind-boggling.
4. Flexibility - Even though our schedule is full in the mornings and evenings, we do have some flexibility as to how early/late that schedule can be (which we would not have if we had a health aid come in) and our daytime schedule is very flexible. We tend to fill it up, but it's nice knowing that I can adjust and rearrange things as we need it.
5. Laughter - We had a great time at Christmas, and since we've been back we've laughed at little things quite a bit. And that in and of itself is a blessing.
I could list so many more things, but I'll stop here!