4am- alarm goes off
6am- I am officially on call and we hope to be out the door and on the way to McDonalds
6:30am- I am officially "on the road" heading to 8 precincts for visual inspections, 2 paper inspections, and trouble-shooting (of which I hope and pray there is very little!)
7:30pm - polls close and I park somewhere, fill out paperwork and await 8 phone calls saying "Polls are closed, results successfully sent, and we are going HOME"
8:45pm - start making phone calls if I've not heard from all of my precincts;
9:00pm - report to the Boad of Elections that all my precincts are closed and packed up, drive to Rand Rd to turn in supplies
If we haven't met for supper somewhere earlier in the evening, we head to Waffle House (what other place do you know of that is open at 10pm for supper?)
Crash.
If you live in North Carolina, vote. Your life doesn't depend on it, but the state of our nation does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wait...it's almost March?!?
10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lo...
-
10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lo...
-
While in Virginia last week, we visited the Shenandoah Caverns . It's one of three caverns in the area, but this one clearly specifies o...
-
The other day at work we were discussing the homeless men who frequent 1010/401. One of the three will periodically change his sign to list...
No comments:
Post a Comment