Skip to main content

shocking

If I entered over 50 countries in this world today and lived life as I know it, I would be a criminal.
That's a very sobering thought.
The newspaper had an article about Christians in Indonesia this past week, and how they are being slaughtered in certain cities because of the mass baptisms they had. Almost every year, a few months after the Family Fun Fest, our church has a baptism service celebrating the new believers. Can you imagine if one week after that baptism service took place, over half of the people who attended were dead, and the other half severely injured?
During our Patriotic Service Sunday, our pastor prayed for the leaders of our country, for God to be with them, and for them to have their eyes opened to who God truly is. Can you imagine the horror if this week we had the police behind the pulpit, Pastor Mike in prison with visitation rights from family and lawyer denied, his family kicked out of their home and suddenly without income?
Such things sound absolutely crazy, and yet they happen weekly all over the world.

I implore you to pray for such believers today, specifically for one certain pastor and his family:
  • that the government officials would miraculously release him from prison soon
  • that his wife and lawyer would be able to see him
  • that God would give him favor with prison officials
  • that his faith would remain strong
  • that his 15 year old son would not remain bitter and would come to find the "Peace that passes understanding"
  • that God would miraculously provide for the family's needs
  • that God would not cause this family to lose favor in society
  • that the shining light this family has maintained will draw even more believers to the Light of the World
I don't understand. I live in the land of plenty, the land of freedom, and the land of opportunity. And folks who do the exact same things I do, with half the resources and time, go to jail for it.

Oh, Lord, please forgive me for my complaining, when so many of brothers and sisters around the world are suffering so badly.

www.persecutedchurch.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

things we do for love

Saturday we had a baby shower for Bobby's niece. As I was making the mints, Bobby asked what else was on the menu. After I recited off the litany of items, he responded with "No peanut butter?! This shower is for Hannah! What's she going to eat?" (Hannah has had stomach problems over the years and has been unable to tolerate many foods, but peanut butter has been her staple.) Despite my assurances that she would enjoy the foods we were having, he was adamant that I needed to make peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for the shower. Even though I protested that NOBODY took that to a shower, he persisted, and informed me I could make them dainty with my little cutter. And so I did. To my surprise all but 3 were eaten. Who'd a thunk it?

get your house in order

My grandmothers were very clean people. My mother thoroughly enjoys cleaning, though she doesn't quite hit the same level my grandmothers were on. I don't enjoy cleaning, but I do like things to be clean. I've almost given up on neatness. One thing that they all instilled in me is the crazy concept that your house must be in order before you go somewhere big - like a vacation or something. After all, you could die in a car crash or have to go to the hospital, and then people would go into your house and find it in a terrible mess. Who wants to be remembered by that? So up until this past year, I would sometimes be up almost all night not only trying to get things packed up, but also trying to totally clean house as well. Or should I say, make the house presentable? The Chinese had a horrible superstition that my mother and grandparents would have enjoyed. Spring Festival (the Chinese New Year based on the lunar calendar) required EVERYTHING to be cleaned top to

Wait...it's almost March?!?

 10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lots of thinking and brainstorming and rearranging, appointments upon appointments, sinus infection/allergies, Bobby's surgery, meeting with surgeon and finally agreeing to future outpatient surgery for me, ongoing updates from my parents, garden tilled and snow peas, potatoes and beets planted (and yes I left several rows empty between the potatoes and beets for something else to go later as a buffer), chickens are laying, we may have a broody hen..in FEBRUARY!!!, we have two roosters that need to disappear, lots of family have been in from out of town to assist with the sorting and cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, and somewhere in the midst of it all I've found time to pay bills and catch up on a few emails. While I no longer feel like our house is a disaster zone, it is still overwhelming. Years ago a friend posted a quote by Martin Lut