I used to love the song from the Tom & Jerry cartoon "Jeepers, Creepers...where'd you get these peepers? Jeepers, creepers...where'd you get those eyes?" And I could tell you where I got my eyes...from my Dad. I have Mom's hair coloring and freckles, Dad's straightness of hair, eyes, build, and I have an unusual blend of their skin tones. Mom wore/wears contacts; Dad wore glasses. We all knew we'd wind up wearing corrective lenses of some sort; it was just a matter of when. Mine started early.
But there are some things about my eyes that I get from both sides of the family:
color-blindness, and now the possibility of glaucoma. My maternal grandmother had it, and now my Dad does as well.
My husband will most likely one day be senile, and I'll be blind. Won't we be the pair?
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wait...it's almost March?!?
10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lo...
-
10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lo...
-
While in Virginia last week, we visited the Shenandoah Caverns . It's one of three caverns in the area, but this one clearly specifies o...
-
The other day at work we were discussing the homeless men who frequent 1010/401. One of the three will periodically change his sign to list...
1 comment:
LOL!!!! Does Bobby know he's going to be senile?
Post a Comment