Skip to main content

month number 4

I've witnessed the budding trees, the blooming flowers, the production of eggs, the geese nesting, and now the pollen onslaught, but I'm still in a bit of shock that it's not only spring, not only Easter, but that we're entering our first week of April!
This month promises to be a busy though somewhat fun month.
Election training -okay, that one isn't really fun, but it does mean I'll get a very small paycheck before the summer starts which is nice.
CBC Home-school Testing - For one week I'll simply be touching base with a testing supervisor to see how things are going for her and the high schoolers, and then for one week I'll be overseeing the testing for most of our church's home-schooled kids. The tests and information packets are in, so that means sometime this week I get to read through all the instructions and materials and pass out the director's manuals to the appropriate proctors. Not a hard job.
? A CBC Quilter's Group - This is still in the idea stages, though the idea of having a group to make quilts for all our graduating high school students has been tossed around. Seeing as we're this late in the year I'm not sure we can pull it off for this year. But perhaps we could get started for next year.
Bobby's Quilt - Seeing as I've missed most of the Survivor season (which is when I normally quilt), I don't think I'll get Bobby's quilt finished by May. By the end of the year perhaps, but certainly not before the summer.
A weekend vacation! We're actually going somewhere this month for 3 days! (and no, it's not to Alabama)
Garden - Come the last week in April I will be tilling and drop strange shaped things in the ground, and hopefully transplanting some tomato and bell pepper plants! The end of the month seems so far away, but it really isn't!
Birthdays - There are three birthdays in my family this month (one somewhat momentous!), so I've got some packages to get in the mail within the next week!
hOsPiTalItY - the very word makes me think "hospital", but we're going to try again at some point to have people over. The last three times we've invited people, every single family we've asked either already had something planned, or had someone get sick at the last moment. We like to joke that people just don't want to come to our house.
swimsuit shopping - my swimsuit is becoming threadbare in the back. I could order another one from Lands End (they're modest and they have my size), but a part of me is insanely thinking I might be able to find something a tad cheaper (yeah, right) locally. I was really hoping this one would last until I had dropped a swimsuit size, but unfortunately that hasn't quite happened. I have dropped a skirt size (why not a pant size...that's just crazy!), but my swimsuit still fits okay. We have got to have the craziest sizing charts in the whole world. They're almost as crazy as my April list of things to do.

Comments

sara said…
Uuuggg- I think swimsuit shopping is the worst thing ever!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

things we do for love

Saturday we had a baby shower for Bobby's niece. As I was making the mints, Bobby asked what else was on the menu. After I recited off the litany of items, he responded with "No peanut butter?! This shower is for Hannah! What's she going to eat?" (Hannah has had stomach problems over the years and has been unable to tolerate many foods, but peanut butter has been her staple.) Despite my assurances that she would enjoy the foods we were having, he was adamant that I needed to make peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for the shower. Even though I protested that NOBODY took that to a shower, he persisted, and informed me I could make them dainty with my little cutter. And so I did. To my surprise all but 3 were eaten. Who'd a thunk it?

get your house in order

My grandmothers were very clean people. My mother thoroughly enjoys cleaning, though she doesn't quite hit the same level my grandmothers were on. I don't enjoy cleaning, but I do like things to be clean. I've almost given up on neatness. One thing that they all instilled in me is the crazy concept that your house must be in order before you go somewhere big - like a vacation or something. After all, you could die in a car crash or have to go to the hospital, and then people would go into your house and find it in a terrible mess. Who wants to be remembered by that? So up until this past year, I would sometimes be up almost all night not only trying to get things packed up, but also trying to totally clean house as well. Or should I say, make the house presentable? The Chinese had a horrible superstition that my mother and grandparents would have enjoyed. Spring Festival (the Chinese New Year based on the lunar calendar) required EVERYTHING to be cleaned top to

Wait...it's almost March?!?

 10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lots of thinking and brainstorming and rearranging, appointments upon appointments, sinus infection/allergies, Bobby's surgery, meeting with surgeon and finally agreeing to future outpatient surgery for me, ongoing updates from my parents, garden tilled and snow peas, potatoes and beets planted (and yes I left several rows empty between the potatoes and beets for something else to go later as a buffer), chickens are laying, we may have a broody hen..in FEBRUARY!!!, we have two roosters that need to disappear, lots of family have been in from out of town to assist with the sorting and cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, and somewhere in the midst of it all I've found time to pay bills and catch up on a few emails. While I no longer feel like our house is a disaster zone, it is still overwhelming. Years ago a friend posted a quote by Martin Lut