Wednesday, April 1, 2009

a dead dream

This morning after we woke up, we were shocked to hear on the news that the Garner Emergency crew fought a fire at 3am on Bryan and Clifford Rd. When they said the house was apparently abandoned we knew immediately which house: the Stancil place, the first home Bobby's parents had and where they lived until he was four years old. It was part of the farm that was purchased by the Wake County Board of Education a few years ago. While the house was still standing, its insides had been gutted and the surrounding yard had become a dump for people too classless to drive 25 minutes to the landfill. I guess deep down I still hoped the County BOE would decide not bulldoze the place and we could acquire the house after the road was rerouted and it wouldn't be near the school. I've wanted to refinish that place ever since I saw it. And now it's too late. the front porch

4 comments:

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

How awful, any idea how the fire started?

Jennifer said...

i didn't hear about it. what happened?

Monica said...

we really don't know; most likely some teenagers or adults smoking

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Ah...cigarettes. The root of all evil:)