- parents who not only love me, but taught me how to walk in Truth
- family who practice the story of the Good Samaritan, and not just hear it
- my church family
- the rich life of America - adequate roads, vehicles, hotels, restaurants, well-stocked grocery stores, houses with extra bedrooms & heat, etc.
- police & EMS crews - who actually respond to calls in a timely and mannerly fashion
- my job - I'm part-time but still have vacation hours!
- Dr. Pepper
- the diverse beauty in our nation
- the small smidgen of artistic talent humans receive from God, as we display in architecture, design, artwork, etc
- Alabama winning the Iron Bowl!
- my brother-in-law graciously allowing us to crash at his house to watch the Iron Bowl on his nice tv
- my brother-in-law allowing me to quickly use his internet to catch up on things
- a week without internet or cell phones at Mom & Dad's
- a husband who graciously drives 12 hours one way to spend 5 days with his in-laws and never complains!
- and so much more!
Monday, December 1, 2008
There's absolutely nothing like going home...except maybe returning home and settling back into a routine. This Thanksgiving reminded me of the many things I have to be thankful for: