Eating Healthy
I like bananas when they're a nice yellow and firm. When they're mushy they're only good for banana bread, which somewhat knocks it out of the healthy category.
I actually like peaches, watermelon and apples, but I think they're messy so I seldom eat them. I do like a good apple pie, which also bumps the fruit into a different category.
I like pears in a salad - you know - the kind with mayonnaise and cheese and lettuce, which again, bumps the fruit into another category.
I like cantaloupe, but I can't eat a whole one by myself and Bobby doesn't particularly care for it.
I LOVE vegetables, especially fresh fried squash and okra, peas, and tomatoes.
Eating healthy in and of itself is not a problem. It's the habit that's the problem. I'm finding that it's audaciously hard to break several years (and I do mean several) years of a bad habit. Baby steps...that's what I keep telling myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wait...it's almost March?!?
10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lo...
-
10 more months 'til Christmas. This last month has been an absolute blur. Cleaning at Mrs. Bryan's house, cleaning at our house, lo...
-
While in Virginia last week, we visited the Shenandoah Caverns . It's one of three caverns in the area, but this one clearly specifies o...
-
The other day at work we were discussing the homeless men who frequent 1010/401. One of the three will periodically change his sign to list...
3 comments:
Are you on a diet? Or just trying to eat healthier? I'm like you in that I like fruits and veggies...when they are prepared in an unhealthy way. Fried okra, fried green tomatoes, banana pudding, apple fritters, etc.
Do you like smoothies? frozen bananas (see that would take care of the mushy problem, when they get a little brown, peel and put in the freezer), and frozen strawberries and water in a blender is so yummy that we eat it everyday, AND you can add spinach leaves and you do not even taste them!!! Very good for you- and the kids just think it is a treat!!!
no, I'm not officially on a diet, but I have got to make some "lifestyle changes" in the area of my eating habits; and Sara, I have never had a smoothie, so I don't know if I like them
Post a Comment